✯✯✯ Leah's 'Windows-To-The-World' ✯✯✯


Tuesday, March 30, 2010

We Love Vintage!

So, as part of this module, we had to choose two vintage pics, well, in my case three, to show off!!
Vintage pictures, and indeed fashion, are so authentic and, even though sometimes quite cringeworthy to look back on, can evoke fond memories and thoughts.

This is one of my favourites...

It's of my Mum in about 1975, on a trip to Land's End. I find it so stylish because she is wearing 70's fashion so effortlessly, and looks fabulous! It makes me realise there really was a different time in my Mum's life, before I was even around, when, like me, she was interested in the current trends and fashions. It helps me understand that my Mum wasn't always my Mum.

Choosing a celebrity vintage photo was a little tricky, there's so many in circulation, but here's what I came up with...


These two pictures really conjure up lots of fond child memories for me. These, if you didn't already know, are of Kylie Minogue, back in 1988. These two outfits are what she wore in her 'Got To Be Certain' video, one of the first music videos I'd ever watched. I was 5 years old at the time. And I remember loving her 'style'!! If you can call it that! Hehe. It was however very on-trend back then, believe it or not! And I've idolised her ever since then. She still looks great now, over 20 years on.


Viva la vintage!!

L x
✯✯✯

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! your Mum looks well cool & loving the Wedge Heals!!!ha ha how much do I love Wedges!!! that was 1 year after I was born,scary hey!! At least she didn't let you down on the fashion stakes hun!!& we are just carrying it on!!hee hee. Also those good old Kylie day's,remember them sooo well!;)xx

    ReplyDelete