✯✯✯ Leah's 'Windows-To-The-World' ✯✯✯


Tuesday, March 02, 2010

3D Installations, Part 1!

Wow, so regarding these trends, I found I was doing a LOT of 2D work to portray them, so thought it's time I worked in a more 3D way, after all, that is what visual merchandising is all about.
So I arranged to get two A1 size boards, and created a couple 3D installations for each trend. I had to carefully consider what objects and details went where, and also the placing of the lighting. I had four trend 3D installations to do... These are the first two...

Body Performance, A/W 2010/2011

This installation was the hardest I found so far. Maybe because it was my first?? Hmmm, well, I don't know if the photos do it justice, the installation in real life looked better. But hey, never mind, I'll learn from it.
The second one was...

Rustic Roots, A/W 2010/2011

This one is my favourite so far!! I love how the light falls on the vintage handbag. Nice. And I felt I had a bit more experience from the first installation to play a little with this one. It's quite hard to make a 3D artistic piece from nothing! But I think for my first tries they're not bad atall.

Like I said, these are the first two, I have two more to do... they are coming tomorrow so don't worry!! They are 'Dark Poetry', and my own fashion trend for Autumn/Winter 2010/2011, a'Tiempo. Now that WILL be interesting to style up in a 3D way. If you want a visual snippet of all of the trends featured in this post, look at the post dated Sunday 28th February, entitled 'Creativity Flows!' for great pics of all four!! It's the post before this one, and click on the pics themselves for up-close details and info.
Well, until next time, namely tomorrow...

L x
✯✯✯

No comments:

Post a Comment